Thursday, April 10, 2014

A New Blog From Your Old Friend.

G'Day Folks,

 Firstly let us get the official stuff out of the way;

Welcome to my NEW blog at 1 Forty Four Climbing.....not my first, but hopefully my last reincarnation.

 If you were unlucky enough to be subjected to my anarchic rants about issues in the Victorian climbing scene that have little if no cause for discussion you would remember the Captains of Crush blog.
The "Captains" blog started out as 4 friends who, while sharing some photos, videos and news could hold up a mirror and stick out our tongues. It was fun to write about stuff in that way. However some people have thought I took it too far, including some of the original members of the blog. One whom within an hour of my final post as my alter ego Barry, the last on the blog ever, informed me that he would no longer participate. I also received nasty messages from people I'd considered friends and who knew the context the blog existed in. I was disappointed to think that the original point of our jamboree had been lost. And although I considered reviving the 'Captains' blog, re-reading old posts still makes me giggle to myself, I feel that it's time to move on and at the very least not drag others down with me. More recently I wrote a number of posts about my movements on my sponsors blog Expedition Equipment Blog . However since my Rocklands trip last year and subsequent musings, I've not done much worth writing about and as a result I have forgotten the password. Easier to start a fresh, write what I think and hope people feel it's worth a read.

What do I hope to achieve with 1 Forty Four?

 I'm not really sure. I have been looking through some of the old posts from the last 5 years and they have brought back a lot memories. Some merely of the topic being ranted about, some more hazy rum filled recollections of evenings spent hamming it up, such as photoshopping James Kassay's head onto Bear Grylls' body. While I don't write very well I do find it cathartic and to some degree it's like a diary, albeit a public one, that I can look back on in the future.

So stay tuned for some climbing news, photos and videos that I want to get back into. I have some plans for next couple months and then some big ones come winter.

 - Grosey

No comments:

Post a Comment